Saturday, April 17, 2010

How I Prepared for the CSC Exam (Part 1)

I do not have any background in the finance industry (in fact, my background is in IT). I only have crude knowledge in mutual funds as I, like most Canadians, invest my RRSP in mutual funds.

To study for the CSC exam, I could either self-study, or took a course. For personal career reasons, I wanted to pass the CS exam in as short time as possible, so I decided to take a classroom taught CSC course.

There are many taught CSC courses offered. (Just take a look at the ads around this post, you may find some that suit your needs.) I took a course taught in Chinese, and the instructor was Monika Wang, an experienced and enthusiastic good teacher.

It was an intense course that ran two nights a week (3½ hours per night) for six weeks. I also have a full-time daytime job to tend to. It was tough, but I just needed to pass the CSC exam. The marks really did not matter. (The passing mark is 60% for both Exam 1 and Exam 2.)

From the time the first class started to the time I wrote Exam 2, it took just a bit over 9 weeks. And I passed!! Actually, I did pretty well in Exam 1, but not as well in Exam 2, but I passed!

Read Part 2

Home Page

 


No comments:

Post a Comment